Taking a break

aviarycarolsf

I haven’t posted anything in a while, because I have been busy working on Ariane in Paradise.  I am basically two thirds done.  Not only did I finish all the segments mentioned in my last post, I finished two of the three “day two afternoon” segments, a casino segment and one above I won’t describe (but there are enough clues in the picture to figure it out).

These last two segments are kind of odd and break away from the themes and mood of the rest of the story. Generally segments like this are unpopular, but I think they serve a purpose of world building.  The island feels like a real place with lots of stories happening on it, and it does not have to all be about romance, sex and nudity.

sail1

The third afternoon segment I have planned is sort of a “high seas adventure” on a sailboat.  Finishing it finishes day 2, so part of me wants to hurry up, but this is also in a way the main exciting climactic point of the game, and if I try to rush it, I could ruin it like Game of Thrones season 8 (sorry I couldn’t resist).

Bottom line is I need a break to think about this final segment, plus think about day 3 and where that is going.  Also Guild Wars 2 is releasing a new chapter on Tuesday so I suspect I’ll be spending a lot of time there.

If I do any work on the game in the next month, it will be to add sound effects and music and achievements, none of which I have even started on.

And that’s where I am right now.

8 thoughts on “Taking a break

1. wayward4now May 11, 2019 / 6:11 pm

I just bought a Tayana-37 ketch! Glad to see you as a fellow pirate!

2. Nia Psaka May 13, 2019 / 3:23 am

I think the more kinds of other than purely sexual content in a game, the better. The humour and the personality of the character one is ‘dating’ is appealing. Fictionalised Ariane benefits from being at least a little more well-rounded than a dress-up doll.

• Stranded May 15, 2019 / 4:33 pm

Agreed.

3. Call Me Captain May 16, 2019 / 9:25 pm

Who knew Ariane had such a boat fetish. She’s never been particularly body-shy, but every time she gets near a boat she can’t strip off those clothes fast enough.

** Note to self: Do not bring flowers or chocolate as a pre-date gift. Pick up a stuffed, die-cast, or model ship.

4. Jay May 19, 2019 / 4:56 am

I wish we could get a little ‘taste’ of the game before its completely finished.

5. Loki May 19, 2019 / 6:25 pm

where can I download this from and when? ❤

• HerrButz May 20, 2019 / 2:38 pm

it is not finished yet

6. Olivia V. May 22, 2019 / 8:13 am

Can’t wait to see the completed version!