My Next Game: Ariane in Paradise

streetgym6

I have been hesitant to post anything about this, because I have a bad habit of starting something and then bailing on it half way through, but I am far enough along on this project to tell you about it.

If you follow me on Facebook and Tumblr, you may have noticed that my latest Ariane pictures look similar and she is dressed the same. That’s because I am making a new game.  Currently titled “Ariane in Paradise”.

motel2

After experimenting with the genre with Something In The Air and Rachel and Ariane, I wanted to go back and do a second game like Date Ariane that is a little more chaotic and spontaneous.  My original thought was create a new character, but I like Ariane too much so I decided I just need a new setting.

beachsidel

I thought about a tropical island game since I made the epilogue of Something In The Air, but wasn’t sure how to go about it. Then I saw VDateGames has already done a couple of them,  Zoe is free to play if you want to get the idea of where I am going with this.

It also helps that over the years I have collected a bunch of tropical themed 3D sets that I have barely even used.

underwatertest

The basic premise is this: Ariane follows Rachel to a fictional tropical island, where for Rachel it is a work trip: she is doing photo shoots for the entire week. This leaves Ariane all alone during the daytime hours to find some fun things to do.  You are on vacation alone on the same island where you meet Ariane at the hotel pool.

I don’t want to get into details, because they are likely to change, but I wanted to throw that premise out there to tie all the stories together.  You are not playing the same character as Date Ariane and SITA, in fact you can choose to be female if you want, that means you have to meet Ariane all over again.

motel25

Also, Ariane only has free time during the day, which means that unlike Date Ariane and SITA, both of which primarily take place at night, this game will primarily take place under sun and mostly blue skies.

I made it a fictional place, because making it a real place could offend people that live there.  A fictional place allows me to, for example, create relaxed nudity laws. It also helps that my collection of exotic island sets include Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Polynesian looking props, so a generic tropical island in an unnamed ocean keeps the anachronisms down.

I have no time table of when it will be done. SITA and Rachel and Ariane both took around two years.  I’m doing this for my own enjoyment, and I hate deadlines, so it will be ready when its ready.

20 thoughts on “My Next Game: Ariane in Paradise

1. Rob July 22, 2018 / 10:16 pm

so when will this game be ready for download?

• Sorry for my english July 23, 2018 / 11:14 am

Warning for everybody : Don’t feed the troll!

2. Sorry for my english July 23, 2018 / 11:21 am

Thank you for making those games, please take all the time you need!
    I don’t care to wait 2 years, cause I trust your storyteller skills to make me dream :).
    Ganbatte kudasai!

3. DC Bino July 23, 2018 / 1:37 pm

I can hardly wait 🙂

4. Chaotic July 27, 2018 / 11:50 am

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the finished game! 🙂

• arianeb July 27, 2018 / 3:08 pm

Thanks, in fact I might have to give you some story credit. As it stands now, the opening section of the game is a beat for beat copy of your game “Miranda”, except different dialogue and different pictures (though I haven’t come up with a better line than the “breast stroke” joke). Ariane’s interests are different, and she is more likely to use “dude” instead of “hun”, but yeah very similar. The game breaks with the Miranda plot after the hotel lobby scene, as Ariane goes shopping instead of watching volleyball.

Hope you are OK with it.

• Chaotic August 8, 2018 / 11:34 am

Sounds fine by me. 🙂

• Chaotic August 8, 2018 / 11:42 am

Forgot to mention – I might also be in a position to help make some images for you if your interested. Remember, thanks to your guide a while back, I have my own arianeb model, and obviously I already have plenty of tropical paradise scenes set up.

Just let me know if you’d like someone to lighten the load of your work a little.

• arianeb August 9, 2018 / 3:46 am

I might have a section in Day 3 you could help with, but it may be a while, I’m still working on Day 1 material.

5. Charles Hinkle July 28, 2018 / 2:42 am

I hope this game will let you play as female. Not that I’m complaining. I still think Date Ariane and Something’s In The Air should be updated that let’s you play as female.

• arianeb July 28, 2018 / 4:14 am

My current goal is to do this. I’m writing alternative dialogue. Eventually I’ll need alternative pictures, too.

• Gorm July 30, 2018 / 5:44 am

Whe available to download

6. Animadoria August 1, 2018 / 6:14 pm

Looking forward to see the final game!
    Is it in Renpy? If so, I can help translate to Portuguese 😛 (if I have time)

7. LinP83 August 7, 2018 / 1:47 am

Glad to see you are making another game with Ariane.
    The original ‘Dating Ariane’ was the first dating game I played, and I loved it. Great memories.

8. nazim10 August 12, 2018 / 12:38 pm

Hi there! I tried to post a comment, but it won’t show up, but if you already saw that, feel free to delete this one.
    I writing to ask about the “first” player in the first Ariane game, and SITA. What’s his situation? Was he just some sort of a fling, that it won’t be mentionned again? If So, I feel a bit disappointed. I mean, we learned throug the two first games that Ariane isn’t that into relationships, but is willing to begin one with Rachel. So I thought it might be better if the new game features the old player, and try to adress his situation with Ariane, and give some sort of closure.

• arianeb August 12, 2018 / 9:03 pm

That was actually my original game plan, but the plot of the new game best fits a new character, one which you have a say in creating as you play.

• nazim10 August 12, 2018 / 10:04 pm

I see. Sorry if I sound a bit pushy here, but is there a plan in the future, where you’ll adress this “issue”? It doesn’t have to be a game, just a story where you conclude the “Ariane saga” as I like to call it.

9. Niama August 15, 2018 / 3:56 am

When the be ready for download ?

• Niama August 15, 2018 / 3:57 am

Game*

10. Neil August 19, 2018 / 3:29 pm

i love it when Ariane’s universe is expanding! if you have time maybe you should write some Date Ariane Lore for those who want to know more about your characters.