Full Circle With Date Ariane
I came up with a complicated plan for the Renpy version of Date Ariane, too complicated — like another multi-year project complicated.
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and decide what is most important. While many of the ideas I came up with are cool, there are only really two things that I want to actually do: 1.) Make a version of Date Ariane that can be played on a tablet, and 2.)update the pictures with all the cool new models, poses, outfits, and lighting tricks I learned while doing Something’s In The Air.
I realized that I can accomplish both goals by simply updating the current HTML version of Date Ariane, and I can probably accomplish my goal in a few months rather than years.
I already have a “proof of concept” in the introduction portion of Date Ariane online. Instead of hidden links that don’t show up without mouse hovering, I have visible links pushed off to the sides or below to be as unobtrusive as possible. The pictures are much prettier, too. What I am not showing on the online demo is pictures 1000 x 600 pixels instead of 800 x 500. Trust me, it looks even better. I’m positioning all text proportionally instead of exactly so I can use even bigger pictures in the future if I want to. I’m also trying to make it HTML 5 compliant so it works with all future browsers.
I haven’t decided if I will change the game any beyond the updated look, though it is probably inevitable that it will.